Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4 pounds; Big Deal!

MONDAY:

breakfast at 11am (store-bought)

  • decaf coffee
  • 3 skyflakes crackers (garlic flavor--love those little buggers)
  • calamansi juice
  • and lotsa lotsa water

I spied a digital weighing scale in a neighboring work station and happily skipped my way over and hopped onto the darn thing. Five seconds, and then, GASP! Heart in throat. Oh freak! The numbers on the screen boldly read 148 lbs. taunting me, daring me to gainsay it. What? So the coffee and the juice had sugar and the traitorous crackers had probably turned to sugar as well in the relaxing environs of my metabolism...but 4 pounds, this was madness! If this is what breakfast can do to me then my lunch will be absolutely devastating.

lunch at 2pm (home-made)
  • half a cup of rice (whooppeedoo!)
  • 1 mediu...average-sized...ok, fine large-ish chicken cordon bleu
  • decided to skip the lemon-butter sauce as was really worried about the 4 lbs from breakfast
  • agua, baby

i knew i shouldn't but i found myself wandering back to the digital weighing scale a half an hour later. This time the scale read 148.2 lbs. Huh? How could this be. My uneventful, lackluster breakfast was worth 4 lbs. while the lunch that I'd been looking forward to all weekend was a measly .2 lbs.?

Oh i get it, the damn thing is broken or at least in need of calibration. whew!

Dinner at 6pm (resto across office)
  • half a chef salad with dried out grilled chicken bits and some gunky dressing that i suspected to be a truckload of mayo and mustard
  • H2O

I had told my friend Joyce about weighing myself about 68 times that day and she said she wanted to weigh herself too. I led her to the offending equipment and watched her face fall (Joyce is VERY VERY weight conscious). "I gained 4 lbs?" she said in a soft, disbelieving voice. "I was 112 lbs. this morning now I'm a hundred sixteen?"

Haha, i was right! " That thing is off by 4 lbs." I said.

"Oh it is?" a guy named Mike piped in. "i was wondering about that, i thought I'd gained weight."

Thirty minutes later, another guy gets on the by-now-much-maligned-machine... i waited for it and was aptly rewarded... "Hah?!? Na-nambok ko? (i gained weight?)"

and this is just Monday....

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is funny..it's amazing what a broken machine can do, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Half-Rice,

    This is turning out to be better than Bridget Jones's Diary (the book), even without the love triangle. John uli na para naa nay love angle ang half-rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Foodie,
    this was so funny. when it was happenning, i was just laughing my head off.

    Di na lang ko mu comment sa love angle ha...hehehe

    ReplyDelete